Thursday 1 September 2011

on the cusp

As I write, I'm having my birthday in both countries: according to my phone which has a magical setting that shows NZ and Toronto time simultaneously on my main screen, it is currently 2.31am (here) and 6.31pm (there) on 1 Sept.

I'm off to bed - my funk soul sister Rawinia is in town from home, and we have been up gossiping the nite away before spending my birthday together tomorrow checking out Toronto.

The plan: wake up whenever, breakfast at home, head out to see what's to see in Toronto hopefully including the Toronto islands (in honour of Matiu/Somes!) and a streetcar ride for Ra. In the evening, we're catching up with the lovely Jason at his place, to see views of the city and lake and say 'cheers' for my big day.

On Friday, we'll be partying for the combined bday of Nadine and me, at my place first then heading out on the town. We've even got a carload of mates coming over form the States for the fun and games!

All very exciting. Although, seeing as I'm getting older, I find I need to do a preemptive strike as well as a slower catchup in the sleep department than I used to need...

Zzzzzzzzz...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment