Thursday 15 September 2011

making things

Today I made pikelets, a classroom and some poi.

Daniel and I met our students at U of T today - they were an awesome bunch and it was great to be in the classroom even just for a couple of hours :) It was awesome 'making a classroom' with someone else - so often teaching is a bit of a solo affair - and it was fun to do quite a bit of back and forth with Daniel.

Before going to class, though, I made a big bunch of pikelets (which the students all insisted on calling pancakes! hehe) for all of the students to enjoy. Having made pikelets for the crew at Aboriginal Studies last Friday, I'm thinking that soon I will be able to make big batches of them in my sleep ;)

We're teaching in a cool old building... here are a couple of shots of me posing in front of where we taught!





Finally, this evening I went to grab takeaways (yummy pad thai mmmmm) and made it home in time to watch the Canada/Tonga rugby game replayed on TV... during the second half of the game I made poi. I have missed having poi around! I found some wool at a nearby discount store and once I retrieved an ideal plastic bag I looked around for stuffing... poor my cushion which is a bit deflated now haha... I made poi for me but also for my friend Katherine's daughter. I'm off to Central New York to visit a few mates this weekend and will be repaying Katherine's favour of coming up to my brithday by attending her birthday party on Saturday evening. I am going to stay with her and her family, so I reckon poi for her little girl Matilda might be just the thing :)

Tomorrow I will be making something else: many many pages of writing. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment