Monday 5 September 2011

4, 3, 14, 473, 1

These are the numbers of my day.

4 = the number of people who were sleeping in my house when I woke up. Alyssa, Shirleen and Katherine left to return to the US this morning. It is quite an adjustment to get used to living alone again, and having the girls to stay made my house feel nice and full and buzzing...

3 = the number of episodes of a money-advice reality tv show I watched this morning after cleaning up the kitchen, rearranging the furniture, getting the washing on, and sweeping the floors... I am pretty sure I dozed a bit through the last one... catching up on some zzzzs I'd msised over the previous couple of nites...

14 = Shonagh (Anne and Michelle's girl) turned 14 today! A and M invited me over to join in with the fun of chopping millions of tomatoes for pasta sauce which they preserve in jars for the rest of the year, and after a lovely time drinking cold beer on this hot day while dicing tomatoes, I was a part of their family birthday dinner and dessert...

473 = After returning home from A & M's place, I went up to my neighbours' place to join them for birthday celebrations for Blake... he and his partner Marco had friends over for drinks and nibbles and the people I met were really very cool... they were all mad on film, and so we talked and laughed about movies most of the nite... Blake has a film in the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival, which is pretty cool! Anyway, 473 is the number of films one of their friends has already seen *this year* (yes, films; TV and DVDs don't count)...

and 1 = the number of people in my house tonite after a lovely social day. Am exhausted but happy. Good night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment