Saturday 3 September 2011

birthday lovin'

This is day three of the 2011 Alice Birthday Season. You might have noticed that day two (the 'actual' Canadian birthday) didn't produce a blog... but here I am, at 9.22am the next morning, reflecting on a lovely relaxed day.

Of course, Ra is staying from home so I spend the day with her. We got up, had a leisurely coffee and chat outside on the famous flag deck chairs, and headed out to check out some of Toronto... we caught a streetcar (Ra's first!) down to Queen St W, a fun street with a mixture of shops, and had crepes for brunch before heading off looking at more streets and shops before meeting Daniel for birthday coffee. We came home, relaxed some more, then headed out to meet up with Jason (yes the Jason I met on the plane to Toronto two weeks ago) who had invited us to have kai and drinks with him on top of his building, which has amazing views of the whole city. I'll share a couple of pics here, so you can see the bright lights of this big city...

Ra and me with the CN tower:


Ra in front of the sparkling lights of buildings and traffic:




With our lovely host:



In front of the building we were on top of (we were in the one on the right) (and yeah, sorry guys I haven't figured out how to rotate a picture on blogspot yet!):




We stayed late, chatting and having a couple more drinks. Meanwhile, people contacted me by phone, txt and facebook to send their birthday wishes. SO MUCH LOVE! I feel very humbled and touched and warmed by the messages and thoughts...

Today Nadine and I are having a birthday party at my place, and soon she will arrive in Toronto and we'll get ready for that. More people! More love :)

Birthdays away from home are strange, but that doesn't necessarily need to mean they are lonely. Thanks team :)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment