Sunday 4 September 2011

hot in the city!!

Today was a day of hotness: hot people and hot weather :)

Following up on the fun party last nite, today us GTA girls (Nadine, Sarah, me) cruised the streets of Toronto with The American Carload (Katherine, Shirleen and Alyssa), Aotearoa's Emissary (Ra) and the Guelph Stalkers (Jade and Kate; they know why they're called the stalkers).

We were hot!
So hot, in fact, that a bus stopped for us after we realised we weren't going to make it to the actual bus stop in time... the guy saw we were wanting to get on the bus (after we had brunch in an awesome cafe, the Universal Grill) and the sun was burning down, and the bus just pulled up on the kerb in front of us, and as we gratefully climbed on board he commented "well I had to stop for six pretty ladies..." Yes, we were stoked.

We were so hot!!
Oh my gosh the mid-afternoon walk in 30 degree weather along Queen St W (during which we stopped at some very cool shops, including a paper shop and an icecream shop which sold 'white squirrel' icecream: white choc, cranberries and pecans) was sooo hot! SO HOT!! We ended up picking the shops by who had air conditioning...

We're actually still quite hot... after dinner at a yummy place on Bloor and some good gossipping tonite... at almost 2am it's still 22 degrees... the fans are on, the windows are open and the four of us staying here at my place are all under sheets with blankets flung to the ends of beds and air mattresses.

After this weekend (which is a long weekend in Canada because of Labour Day on Monday), the people who have come to help me feel settled in will have headed off...

In the morning The American Carload will be heading back to the States... it has been awesome to have them stay here and so great they came up for the weekend. This evening I said goodbye to Ra, who is heading home to New Zealand. I am really going to miss her, and I really appreciate and value her observations about my situation here and her perspective that this will be a good year for me; I'm in the right place.

Yes I am. I'm hot (hehehe) and in the right place :)

No comments:

Post a Comment