Wednesday 30 November 2011

Things I have made today:

* Porridge for breakfast! (This is exciting because I want to get back into the habit of having breakfast beyond a hurried coffee...)
* More plans for when Megan and Matiu are here...
* A plate of ANZAC biscuits for an Aboriginal Studies class tomorrow to enjoy on the last day of term...
* My mind up about my commitment to a committee that is definitely doing more harm than good (if you're not part of the solution, aye)...
* Progress on a document which I will finish on Thursday...
* A pile of roast veges for a roast vege salad for the reading group I'm going to tomorrow nite...
* Two friends on facebook...
* A decision.

Oh, and then I unmade the decision.

And then I made it again.

Then I decided to put it off...

* A regret (can you make a regret? hmmm... that I won't be home to attend the launch of the new Maori literary journal Ora Nui which is being launched in Auckland... I *wish* I could be there! Auckland-based people, go! Go! Enjoy! ... And I'm very proud to be in the lineup... along some fabulous and amazing people... can't wait to get my copy and read it cover to cover and back again!


I've talked a lot about my disappointment with the recent elections in NZ, and *the first day of business* after the election the dodgy government has already announced it won't be consulting with the public on a coalmine (yeah, they hit the ground running... and here I was hoping they'd just hit the ground or be running away... hehe...), but it's good to be reminded about the power of creativity and the sense that things continue.

They go on.

We make plates of ANZAC biscuits. We friend people. We make plans.
We go to bed and sleep and dream... 

No comments:

Post a Comment