Saturday 27 August 2011

love actually

After my second full day at Daniel and Kent's place, I'm feeling the love in the air... these two are not only gracious hosts to me and showering me with all kinds of treats and loveliness, but they are also very sweet with each other... it has been great to be reminded just how sweet real love can be :)

It has been all about rural living today... this morning Daniel and I went to a farmer's market and bought peaches (super sweet), butter tarts (amazing Canadian sweet treats), and jewellery (yes, I admit that was me)... then we returned home to do some work stuff, via a couple of garage sales where I scored some cool plant pots and cheap knitting needles. This evening, Daniel and Kent took me to dinner at a cool old converted mill in a nearby town, and told me cool when-we-met love stories all the way home. Tomorrow we're off to visit a friend of theirs on Cape Croker Reserve, a couple of hours north of here.

Te tau okioki is providing me with an opportunity to dial back the crazy busy side of life and focus on the big, deep, important things. There are lots of things I love in my life... and lots of family and friends. 

And who knows, maybe my time in Canada will give me the opportunity to meet a nice boy so one day we can tell when-we-met stories too.

No comments:

Post a Comment