Monday 29 August 2011

home again

In the years since Mum and Dad left Auckland in 1994, I've lived in 16 houses:
Baird's Rd
Ferndale Rd
Batt St
Preston Rd
New North Rd
Kingsland Ave
Ethel St
Line Rd
N Geneva St
N Tioga St
Pumehana St
Riverside Dr
Tama St
Culloden Rd
Cambridge Tce
and now, Spadina Ave :)

One of the things I've learned while moving around so much has been that a house doesn't feel like a home until I've been away for a trip and then returned. I had a great time up in rural Ontario and had a hilarious trip coming back to Toronto which involved missing one bus and the later one breaking down halfway to the big city. However, another journey took place today: when I turned the key in the lock to my front door and pushed the door open and looked around, I realised the house I''ve been living in for a week and a half had become a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment