Thursday 25 August 2011

can't go over it, can't go under it, can't go around it, got to go... through it!

When I spent 5 years living in the States I learned to distinguish between being homesick and just having the feeling of having missed something significant at home.

I'm not homesick - but I've 'missed' my first big thing... Matiu got his first ever point in basketball last nite! Yes, the famous skipper-up-the-court who is in the famous asking-did-we-win-?-after-being-slaughtered Petone Central School miniball team scored a goal! Woohoo!

So, today we're celebrating my fabulous 6 year old nephew - yay for him!!!

:)

In other news, I'm off to rural Ontario for a few days and have had two things running through my head all day: 'if you go down to the woods today you're in for a big surprise...' and 'we're going on a bear hunt...'

Hmm, well we shall see what becomes of me in the Canadian wilderness - but I'm totally looking forward to it and will blog again as soon as I'm able.

No comments:

Post a Comment