Sunday 2 October 2011

4.31am

4.31am on the 2nd of October is too late to start writing a blog which was supposed to be about the 1st of October!

But I can explain...

Today I wrote. YAY! The chapter is nearly ready - I've overshot past the 7000 word suggested length which is great because now I can cut out the jumbly rambly bits and focus on the 'meat in the sandwich' as Mum would say. I'm going to make that chapter the 'thing I send off this week' as per last week's big plans to send something fof every week.

This evening I had dinner with Sarah, Ash and Brigette. FUN! We had the yummiest delicious-est Mediterraean style kai: lots and lots of littel dishes which we sampled from... followed by baclava. Mmmmm. And, of course, such fabulous conversation the entire time :)

Afterwards I went (all by myself! - but it's okay because I'm a bit girl) to a bar where I heard the NZers would be watching the RWC game between Canada and NZ (thanks to Rick, Megan and Mum for txting updates until I got to the pub, btw)... I found a seat and enjoyed the game and a couple of Heinekens then Megan txted 'now go and mingle' so I did... I saw a nice looking boy standing by himself in an All Blacks top... and started talking to him... and realised after a while that I remembered him from uni days back in Auckland! We swapped numbers and hopefully there will be no more only-the-lonely rugby watching for me :)

Then (I know, right! even later!) I went and met up with Jason and some of his mates who were enjoying Nuit Blanche, the all nite art thingie on in Toronto this evening from 6.59pm until 7am. I was out on the streets with them from about 1am until after 3am: so great to be in a town which does these awesome free events! (Funny tho, because the Canadians were all moaning about the cold - I was thinking 'um, guys, I think it gets colder here, right?)... We checked out some modern art installations in various parts of a particular part of town, then I headed off home when the toll of the evening's activities started to make me feel a bit weary...

Once I got home, I had to stay up and check online until I knew how the Warriors went in the grand final! Hmm, well, not quite so well as the ABs against Canada unfrotunately.

So, it's late! But I'm happy. Am off to bed. Zzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment