Monday 13 February 2012

Home.

I'm home: properly, actually, really home.

Yesterday I arrived to a lovely gorgeous Wellington sunny Sunday, and spent the morning and afternoon hanging out with whanau... and were joined by a couple more for family roast nite in the evening - yum! I have missed Dad's cooking!!! I spent the whole day at home, which was lovely.

At home?

Of course, yesterday I also got to 'meet' my new home, which is my millionth house, but also my first: my very first house. I really love it - it's cute and adorable and very cool - and Mum and Dad have got it all sorted out so it works really well. It's strange because I know I'm heading back to Toronto in under a fortnight, but for now it is great to be in the space and imagine future years here: being an old lady, rocking in my chair, tending my garden, looking at the hills. Yesterday afternoon Dad, Mum, Matiu and I pulled down half the fence between my place and Megan's in the back (seeing as we live next door to each other) and now - as I told the plumber today - we've got two houses in the front but one house in the back.

The plumber?

Yep, within 12 hours of first arriving in my new house, the hot water went funny... so today I had the sheer joy of experiencing my first adventure in the new era of my life which shall be called The Era In Which There Is No Landlord To Call To Fix And Pay For The Problem Because I Am The Landlord. Hmmmm?

Hmmmm.

Today was all about settling further into home: time with whanau, lunch with a friend, another cousin coming over for dessert and a session looking at the research I've been doing about Hamuera, and lots of time at home.

Home?

Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment