Thursday 23 February 2012

flat battery

My cellphone has been running out all week... I've topped up the battery when I can, but am restricted by my own stupidity: I've brought the charger which fits an American/ Canadian electrical socket rather than a NZ one. Yep, the drama of translation, of specificity, of context.

I keep coming up with devious ways to stay in communication (tonite my SIM card is in my sister's properly-charged phone, this morning my phone was plugged in for ten minutes at a Telecom shop) but I do seem to be fighting a losing, and perhaps hopeless battle. In desperation, I even spent $20 today on a cord which should have charged my phone by plugging it into a USB port, but it doesn't work. It doesn't work!

At the same time, there's me. It's 2.13am and I have been in back-to-back meetings and appointments for the past three days... one more day tomorrow and then I'm off on the plane. Seeing so mnay poeple in such a short space of time is fantastic and exciting, but it's a little bit draining too. Well, a lot draining actually. As much as I love it and can't imagine doing a short trip home in any other way.

So, I'm off to charge my battery.

Even if it's not for as long as ideal, a bit of a recharge is definitely way better than nothing. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

No comments:

Post a Comment