Sunday 31 July 2011

a sign


Yesterday’s blog didn’t happen because I was on a weekend trip to the Hunter Valley with Michelle and Ness. Actually, I’m writing this on Saturday evening at the table in the hotel room we’re staying in and will upload it onto the blog tomorrow. No, it’s not that I sampled so much wine I forgot to post the blog – it was a simple case of choosing to spend the $9.95 on wine rather than getting online. (Yes, the wine helped with the rhyme – hahaha it’s okay I’ll stop now.)
Anyway, on the way to the Hunter Valley, we passed this sign to Toronto and Sydney! I did a double-take and Michelle kindly turned the car around so I could get a photo of the sign which points in the direction of my sabbatical. Yes, the year I’ve planned to spend a month in Sydney and ten months in Toronto.
I might let the picture speak a thousand words tonite – a 'sign' I’m heading in the right direction maybe?
And if it’s a sign, a chocolate fish for anyone who wants to suggest what the ‘82’ might mean. J 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me guess.... you and your mates were driving through Cessnock, NSW when you saw this sign at a 4-way intersection??? FYI, I'm from Canada and this is the second time I've seen a Canadian city name in Australia (the first time was when I discovered Edmonton, a suburb of Cairns, Qld)!

    ReplyDelete